Professional Service Agreement

Average Hourly Earnings Decrease 0.6% in May, CPI Increases 1.0%

June 15, 2022

The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has reported that real average hourly earnings for all employees decreased 0.6 percent from April to May. This result stems from an increase of 0.4 percent in average hourly earnings combined with an increase of 1.0 percent in the Consumer Price Index (CPI).

Real average hourly earnings decreased 3.0 percent from May 2021 to May 2022. The change in real average hourly earnings combined with a decrease of 0.9 percent in the average workweek resulted in a 3.9-percent decrease in real average weekly earnings over this period.